Hong Kong Clock Tower
The Tsim Sha Tsui Clock Tower is a landmark in Hong Kong. It Officially named Former Kowloon-Canton Railway Clock Tower. It is located on the southern shore of Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon.
It is the only remnant of the original site of the former Kowloon Station on the Kowloon-Canton Railway. Built out of red bricks and granite, the Clock Tower peaks at 44 metres, and is topped by a 7-metre lightning rod.
Clock Tower, was completed in 1915, with only one side had a clock, and it was not until 1920 that the remaining three sides of the Clock Tower were installed. They began operation in the afternoon of 22 March 1921.
In 1975, Kowloon Station was moved to the present-day Hung Hom Station on the newly reclaimed Hung Hom Bay. The building of the station was demolished in 1977 despite the protest and petitioning from the Heritage Society and other pressure groups. However, as a compromise it was decided that the Clock Tower was to be preserved. The tower has been listed as a declared monument in Hong Kong since 1990.